Thursday, October 14, 2010

Accordion Mamacita

Hello Everybody!

I am excited to share this little Paper Clay Creation I made in the image of my Mother as a toddler musician. This image is inspired by a picture I have of her when she was four years old, sitting on a couch in the 1950's, playing her accordion to her heart's content. The joy on her face in this candid shot makes me laugh every time.

Happy Birthday, Mom! And enjoy your custom-made-by-me-doll. :)



Supplies: "Accordion" found from doll store, all else made by me :) using Creative Paper Clay and Acrylic Paints.

"If Music Be the Food of Love, Play On" ~Shakespeare

P.S. My mom's teeth look nothing like this doll's teeth :) The magic of imperfection when art doesn't quite imitate life :) Still cute though, right?


Thank You & Goodnight/day :)

Love,
Buttercup xo

2 comments:

  1. aww that is so sweet and it is absolutely brilliant I bet your mum will be so chuffed, excellent work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever you!!! :) What a nice memory and I bet she gets a kick out of it! Teeth and all. LOL
    I think the teeth are one of the best parts :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts! TYVM <3